[Civic Term] A Show of Hands Final Project


     This is the final puppet show from my civic term class called "A Show of Hands." In this show, I used sock puppets to tell a story about a prideful war hero who had everything but then threw it all away. It is meant to show that being overconfident usually ends in disaster. I made the sock puppets, the background, and the voice acting to create what appears to be a serious story in a comedic way. It does, of course, have a serious message but I think it comes across better because people are more engaged by the silly presentation. I took heavy inspiration from Dungeons and Dragons, for the setting and the voices, as a lot of DnD campaigns take place in medieval Europe, and the voices I used are the voices I use for some of my characters. This was quite an easy, although time-consuming process. First I wrote out the story and script. Then I created the sock puppets using paper, sharpies, googly eyes, and of course socks. Then I made the background, which is just posterboard and markers. Finally, I shot the whole thing, which required multiple takes and then I edited it together by cutting up the five-minute video into about a three minute one to match the audio. Overall, this was a very fun project and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Comments

Popular Posts