[Coding] Makin' it Flashy with Bill Wurtz

    And now it is time for the final Action Project for Coding. In this unit, we have been going over visuals to complete our foundational skillset in Python. The first thing we learned about was colors. We learned how the RGB system works and how you can get just about any color by adjusting the levels of red, green, or blue. We then learned how the grid works in Python. Most grid systems work in such a way that positive on the X-axis is to the east, and positive on the Y-axis is north. However, in Python, the X-axis stays the same but the Y-axis is reversed. Positive on the Y-axis is south. After that, we learned about how to make shapes on a visual grid. We learned how to make points, lines, circles, polygons, and text! Finally, we learned how to take all of that and make it move. Using all of this knowledge, we were tasked to create a work of code that had different types of shapes and made them move. I chose to attempt to re-create popular Vine from Bill Wurtz still a piece of garbage. It is not an exact replica but it is pretty close, especially with the time limit and how familiar I am with Python. Unfortunately, the usual program I use to post this code does not support visuals, so I was forced to use a link from a different program that does use visuals. With that all said and done, here is my project!

Project!


Overall, I'd say this was a very fun unit and class. I really enjoy coding and Python is a simple and easy program to get started. This project was quite ambitious as I had no idea how to do an animation quite like this in Python. Fortunately, I was able to complete a product I am proud of...even if said product is so large my computer almost buckles under the stress. I think I will continue to use my coding skills to their max potential and this skill is very useful in a society where everything is digital. I think if I were to do this project again, I might try to make something with some user input, but other than that I think this is a great end product! 

Comments

Popular Posts