[Cure] Slicing Into The New Term!

[WARNING: BLOOD AND SURGERY] 

It is now time for the first Action Project of spring term! This AP is for our newest STEAM class, Cure. In this class, we are going to be expanding on what we learned last term in Disease. In this first unit, we've been talking about surgery as sort of a parallel to Disease's first unit about physical diseases. We learned about a doctor's code of ethics and the Hippocratic oath. We went to the Museum of Surgical Science to learn about the history of Surgery and to find out more about our specific surgeries. We learned about Cells and Mitosis to learn how injuries and diseases heal at the cellular level. All of this culminates in our Action Project, where we were tasked with choosing a surgery and creating a pamphlet/brochure of sorts to fill in patients about the disease. There are a variety of factors we needed to take into account. Without further ado, here is my pamphlet.


And that was my pamphlet! I chose to take a deep dive into appendectomies because I myself had one and I thought it would be very interesting to take a closer look. I was right! Overall I think this was a very fun and informative unit. If I were to do this project I would probably try to learn more about organs that actually have a purpose, as the appendix is mostly useless. Other than that, I'm really happy with this unit!



Comments

Popular Posts