[Drama] A Doll's Universe

    And now it is time for Action Project two of the humanities class, Drama! In this unit, we read A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen. Because of this, this unit has been about gender roles and how women are often objectified, or treated as a doll.  In A Doll's House, the main character Nora decides to leave her husband because she cannot take being treated like a doll anymore. This was revolutionary in 1879 when it was written as a woman leaving her family was shamed. In the unit, we also learned about scriptwriting and formatting. In this Action Project, we have been tasked with writing a one-act follow-up to A Doll's House. We had to put ourselves and a notable woman in the script with Nora. I chose Tasha, who is notable for being pretty much the most powerful character in all of Dungeons and Dragons lore. I decided that it would be interesting to write in the Spelljammer setting that takes place in space.  I won't spoil anything else, so here is the first scene of my play as well as the full script!

The First Scene
A Doll's Universe script featuring A.R. as stage direction, N.M. as Tasha, F.K. as Nora, and L.A.H. as Himself.


    This was a very fun unit! I really enjoyed learning how to screenwriter as theater is a big interest and I believe everyone should see both sides of the production, both acting, and writing. In this project, I enjoyed the acting a lot. I played in my own play but also many others in a variety of roles and I really had a good time. If I were to do this project again, I would probably have tried to find the time to record the whole play but unfortunately there just wasn't time. Other than that, I really enjoyed this project!

Comments

Popular Posts